- Frenchies are insanely affectionate, especially when it comes to bonding, and this is one of the main reasons why we think French bulldogs are perfect family dogs. This personality trait roots deep in the breed’s history. During the early 1800s, small-sized bulldogs were extremely popular among English and French lacemakers. While working, these small dogs were peacefully lying in their laps, keeping the owners warm. Cuddling is a seemingly strong instinct in this bloodline up until today.
- Frenchies are extremely friendly with kids and other animals. Most people who are unfamiliar with Frenchies think their personality is similar to pit bulls but this is far from reality! Whether we talk about children or other animals such as a cat. So don’t worry if you have kids or other animals, they could become best friends in no time!
- Frenchies are smart! Frenchies’ intelligence consists of three main components: instinctive intelligence, obedience intelligence, and adaptive intelligence. And while Frenchies are great at reading people’s emotions and solving problems, they don’t perform great on obedience tests. However, the poor performance is caused by their stubbornness, not because they wouldn’t understand the commands.
- Frenchies can easily adapt to your lifestyle. One of the most amazing personality traits of French bulldogs is how easygoing they are. They can adapt to your lifestyle without a hassle. They are well-suited to both a slow, suburban and fast-paced metropolitan environment. They love to be on the road, visiting new places, and meeting new people. You can take them with you to work, and they love going on vacation just as you do!
- Frenchies are hilarious! They can make us laugh at any time, especially when we play with them. Frenchies are aware of their great personality and it seems like their mission is to cheer up their owners and everyone around them.
When choosing the right crate for your Frenchie, always take into account what their adult size will be, which is about 11-13 inches tall. You know it’s the right fit when your puppy can comfortably stand up and turn around in it. It’s important not to buy one that’s...